Athletes From 18 States To Attend EAP Sessions at Mount Holyoke College and HITS Balmoral Park
Free auditing available at the sessions
||Photo credit: Kim Miller/USHJA
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lexington, Ky. --- --
July 6, 2018 --- -Athletes from 18 states and nine USHJA Zones will be attending Regional Training Sessions at Mount Holyoke College Equestrian Center in South Hadley, Massachusetts, and at HITS Balmoral Park in Crete, Illinois, next week as part of the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund/USHJA Emerging Athletes Program.
Clinicians Karen Healey and Nanci Snyder will lead the Mount Holyoke session, and Anne Kursinski and Anne Thornbury will lead the HITS Balmoral session.
The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association congratulates the following members who have been accepted to participate in these sessions:
|Mount Holyoke College
- Jamie Besaw, 17, Colchester, Conn.*
- Maura Cherny, 19, Cazenovia, N.Y.
- Kit Cunningham, 18, Thermal, Calif.
- Katharine Dade, 16, Gilmanton Iron Works, N.H.
- Emmie Esplin, 11, Diana, N.Y.
- Bridget Finnerty, 23, Baltimore, Md.
- Frances McGivern, 17, Essex, Conn.
- Hanna Morris, 17, Issaquah, Wash.
- Chloe Murt, 16, Calvert City, Ky.
- Caroline Palmer, 13, Pittsfield, Mass.
- Madeline Rideout, 16, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Ada Rohan, 17, Montpelier, Vt.
- Leah Samouhos, 25, Pittstown, N.J.
- Brynley Smith, 16, South Otselic, N.Y.
- Casey Van Nostrand, 13, Schenectady, N.Y.
- Lauren Woznica, 17, East Berlin, Conn.
*Participating in 3-foot section
|HITS Balmoral Park
- Lauren Alsborg, 19, Travelers Rest, S.C.
- Tyler Anderson, 16, Novi, Mich.
- Celia Bresch, 17, Barrington, Ill.
- Samantha Briggs, 15, Lexington, Ky.
- Anabelle Cimoli, 17, Waterford, Wis.
- Kylie Cohen, 15, West Bloomfield, Mich.
- Celia Hilden, 17, South Lyon, Mich.
- Sara March, 24, Minooka, Ill.
- Morgan McAllister, 18, St. Louis, Mo.
- Genevieve Munson, 13, Rogers, Ark.
- Ellison Neumann, 14, Chicago, Ill.
- Audrey Oldfather, 15, Shorewood, Wis.
- Madison O'Meara, 15, Barrington, Ill.
- Seva Perniciaro, 21, St. Louis, Mo.
- Graciela Robert, 16, Concord Twp, Ohio
- Anna Spitzer, 15, Edwards, Ill.
- Claire Stockard, 17, Chicago, Ill.
- Talli Wallin, 18, Carmel, Ind.
- Jennifer Wardeberg, 15, Lake Forest, Ill.
- Ellie Warren, 15, Lincolnshire, Ill.
- Emily Werthman, 15, Glenview, Ill.
- Isaiah Wiseman, 17, Fort Wayne, Ind.
Sessions are held over five days with athletes participating in mounted flatwork, gymnastics exercises and coursework as well as intensive stable management lessons. Athletes also spend time auditing and hearing presentations from guest speakers at the sessions.
Free auditing is available to the public for the riding portions of the session at both Mount Holyoke College and HITS Balmoral.
There will be three other Regional Training Sessions this year in Colorado, Ohio and Virginia. To view the calendar of the sessions, click here
Following the Regional Training Sessions, 16 of the Regional Training Session participants and a select number of stable managers will be invited to attend the National Training Session Nov. 8-11 at University of Findlay in Ohio. Riders participating in the 3-foot section are not eligible to participate in the National Training Session.
Special thanks to the Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund for their title sponsorship of the Emerging Athletes Program. The Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund was founded by Lindsay Maxwell in 2016 as a means to formalize her commitment to charitable giving. The Lindsay Maxwell Charitable Fund supports events, organizations and programs that align with Maxwell's philanthropic priorities and values including improving the lives of children with special needs, enabling access to educational opportunities and providing care, compassion and protection to animals.
The Emerging Athletes Program is also supported in part by a generous grant from US Equestrian, as well as individual donors through the USHJA Foundation.